Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BOSTON Part 2

Let's see where I left off...oh yes Freedom Trail!

Jeremy headed out to walk the Freedom Trail Tuesday morning. I decided to wait and join him closer to the end of the trail since it was so HOT! Here are a few pictures from his historic walk.

Benjamin Franklin

The North Church where the "one if by land, two if by sea" lantern was hung

I met up with Jeremy before going here, Bunker Hill. Jeremy loved learning about this battle!

and the final stop, the USS Constitution

That afternoon after a quick stop at Harvard, we decided to head back to hotel and have some drinks by the pool. It was so hot and humid and we couldn't wait to jump in the pool!

The next day we headed to Plymouth. I had been to Plymouth as a child, but all I remember doing there was seeing the rock. 

Here we are on the Mayflower II


And here is Plymouth Rock

And here is the Plymoth Plantation

After that we went to Quincy to the Adams National Historic Park. They have the homes where John Adams and John Quincy Adams were born and a home where 4 generations of the Adams family lived. Here is one of them.

We had a great time in Boston and enjoyed being together without having to worry about work! It was a good break! Stay tuned for the next post about King's Dominion amusement park and a trip to the ER!

1 comment:

karen said...

i enjoyed the trip...through your pictures and words! looks like a fun and interesting time. glad y'all could get away and spend the time together!