Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Troubles

You know when things just keep going wrong and how frustrating it is? Yes very frustrating. We've had lots of bumps in the road and today was not another surprise. We got our mattresses finally. When they went to put our mattress on the bed, it didn't fit! When we got our bed a couple of weeks ago the slats that went across the bed were too short. We assumed it was just the wrong boards and exchanged them for longer ones. But now the rails aren't long enough. So I am sleeping on the floor yet again. At least this time it is a real mattress on the floor and not the air mattress again. The lady at the furniture store thought I was crazy and told me it was impossible but I finally convinced her it was possible and they are coming Thursday with new rails. Let's hope it's right this time.

In other house news, we finally got our dresser and mirror in and I put it together all by myself! I also bought a few decorations, but not much yet. Pictures will come soon!

Last Thursday I went with the Haney's (the couple I lived with last summer) to Honolulu. We went shopping and had a great lunch. It was good to get out. Sunday I went to their landlord's superbowl party for great food and the game.

Jeremy is doing well, but I think he is tired of living in a hotel room. One week down!

Hope everyone is doing well and leave comments!

3 comments:

hilary hope said...

we had bed troubles as well. since i just had a twin, we used his mattress which i'm sure didn't cost his parents more than $45 because it was the most uncomfortable, awful bed EVER. it creaked...like squeaky creak...like wake up the kids creaked. it was hard as a rock with a big dip in the middle. it was TERRIBLE. we didn't have the money for a new mattress until last christmas. we'd been married a year and a half at that point. we got this plush/pillowtop wonder bed. it's amazing. i know it sucks, but when you finally get it fixed it's so great!!!

karen said...

just think how wonderful it will (finally) be to get that new bed like it's supposed to be. sweet dreaming of that bed fit for a queen :) (and king)
love, mom

laura jo said...

cute new background, katie! :) what a mess with the bed -- crazy! how much longer until Jeremy's back, btw?

love you! ~laura