Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catch Up

Well it has been a long time since I last posted and so much has happened since then! I will try to start writing more consistently. I'll be working on the design, but for now, let me update you on our lives!

Jeremy went to Officer Candidate School to switch from the Enlisted side of the Marine Corps to the Officer side! He went to training in Quantico, VA from Oct-Dec and graduated on Dec. 11, 2009 as a 2nd Lieutenant in the USMC! I'm so proud of him for doing well at this school! It was like boot camp so he knew what to do for the most part.

I missed Jeremy while he was gone, but I did get to go back to the mainland from Thanksgiving until his graduation to see everyone. 

After Jeremy graduated, we went back to Hawaii to spend a quiet Christmas together. The movers came to pack us up and we moved to Stafford, VA just about 30 miles south of DC! 

Jeremy is in The Basic School which all Marine Officers have to go through. He will (hopefully) graduate on July 1! After that he will go to communications school here at Quantico so we will be staying here for another 6 months or so! Here is Jeremy and some of his roommates in their dress blues!


We are enjoying living here so far. We've gotten to do a lot of sightseeing, but are looking forward to doing more! My parents came to visit last week and my cousin Laura and her husband were here the past few days! It's so fun to have visitors!



A lot of other stuff has happened as well. My best friend Katie got married! It was so great to stand next to her on her big day!


My nephew Jaxon was born! We got to see him Memorial Weekend which was wonderful.

Jeremy's mom got really sick and we went to visit her Memorial Weekend as well. She is now home and recovering. We hadn't seen Jeremy's family in a year and a half. Jeremy hadn't been to Texas in a year and a half! It was a long overdue visit and so good to see everyone! Here is Jeremy and his siblings.

I know I'm missing a lot of stuff! But this will have to do for now! We miss Hawaii and all our friends their, but we are enjoying our new adventure here in Virginia!

4 comments:

Tara said...

It was so fun to see you all even though it was short. Looks like y'all are enjoying D.C. life. Quite different from Hawaii:)!!

karen said...

i'm so glad dad and i got to be part of the walk down memory lane you did in your catch up from last year. we love you guys! and look forward to more d.c. visits! love, mom

Jessica said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere - finally! :D

Betsy said...

YAY!!! i'll second what jessica said!! welcome back!!!